Friday, August 31, 2012

My *Current Top 10 Ultras List plus 5

This started out as a reply to my good friend Ronnie's comment in my last blog post. I felt it was too long to be a reply comment so I opted to make it into it's own post. My top 10 list changes as I run new races. Past events rise or fall too when I rerun them, compare them to other events, and my experiences change. Most of my experience and therefore recommendations will be in the PA/OH/WV area. So here is my current top 10 favorite list with 5 bonus listings for diversity.

1-Megatransect 25-26 Mile Challenge -Lock Haven, PA(not an ultra by distance, but it is more challenging than some ultras)

 2-Oil Creek 100s(100Mile, 100K, 50K) I am biased as this is pretty much my hometown ultra)-Titusville,PA 

3-Heidelberg Voksmarch 50K -Heidelberg, Germany(I love Heidelberg. You never forget your first)

4-Laurel Highlands Ultra 70 Mile -Johnstown, PA

5-Highlands Sky 40 Mile Trail Run -Davis, WV

6-Hinson Lake 24 Hour Classic -Rockingham, NC

7-Ironmasters Trail Challenge 50K -Gardners,PA

8-Hyner View Trail Challenge 50K/25K -Renovo/Hyner, PA

9-Mountain Masochist Trail Run 50(54) Mile -Lynchburg, Va

10-Capon Valley 50K -Yellow Spring, WV

Bonus

11-Baker Trail 50 Mile Challenge North section -Brookville, PA
12-Run Between the Suns 12 Hour -Dempseytown, PA(biased again, right in my backyard)
13- Triple Lakes Trail Race 40 Mile -Greensboro, NC
14-JFK 50 Mile -Boonsboro, NC
15-Ouachita Trail 50K- Little Rock, AR

Hope you might check out some of these races or that you may have already run some of them. Feel free to comment or ask questions.

Run Like a Horse,
Mick

No comments:

Post a Comment